Monday, July 20, 2009

ER Trip

Well we can now say we had our first "pregnancy" trip to the ER on Sunday. Since last Thursday I had not been feeling well. I wasn't able to hold much down, and to say the least not a pretty site. Saturday I started feeling better, but not 100%. I was able to keep a little down, but just felt a little nauseous. Sunday, the sky fell. NOTHING was staying down, and to be polite, it was coming out in more then one place at the same time. I started to feel weak. I have passed out before from dehydration/food poisoning, and I didn't want it to happen. I was more concerned about the baby. If it was just me I would have crawled in bed, with a trash can and gone to sleep, but it isn't just me I have to worry about. I went to an Urgent Care, where I was told they could not help me because I was pregnant. So I called OBGYN (yes I got to talk to someone on a Sunday) and they instructed me to go to the ER for fluids. So Ben and I went to the ER, where we were for about 5hours getting Zophran (the best nausea medicine) and fluids. I left feeling better then I have throughout this whole pregnancy!! I was exhausted but felt great! So, lesson learned. I can drink any pregnancy approved liquids, not JUST water. I just have to keep drinking something.

We went to obgyn today (Monday)....Baby is wonderful, and I am still fantastic! We have an appt with them on Aug 4. We may be able to find out the sex of the baby then!! That will be a great B-Day present for my Mom and Dad!!

1 comment: