Friday, July 17, 2009

Dr Update

Dr. update: We saw a new AMAZING perinatalogist. His was wonderful! When Ben and I went into the ultrasounds room, we to be honest were expecting the worst. But, as soon as we saw the baby, I immediately said, "Its not there anymore". The 3.2mm of fluid was not there. The nurse grabbed the Dr, and looked at our 11wk ultrasounds that had the fluid and he stated. Your right the baby looks beautiful!! The Dr had no reasoning for the fluid to drain. (We have our reasoning :))

We have decided to do the Amnio, because there are still risks for organ deformities that we cannot see on an ultrasound. We have reviewed the risks with the Dr. There is a 1 in 1300 change of miscarriage if it is done after the babies brain is fused together. The high risk factors come into play when Dr's perform the procedure prior to the babies brain fusing. We are doing this to be prepared when the baby is born. If there needs to be a Dr (ex. cardiologist) on hand at birth we will be prepared. The Amnio will be done Aug 12th.

I am now officially drained!! This has been such an emotional roller coaster for us. And I have been trying to keep myself together for the babies sake. But I am now just exhausted.

Thanks for all of the prayers we have received, this baby is truly God's miracle.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Sarah! What a miracle! Prayer is such a powerful thing! We'll keep yall in ours and are so happy you finally got some good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that things are looking so great for your little miracle!

    ReplyDelete