So this has been some week. It started out with horrible pain on my right side. Which turned out to be a kidney infection. Which then turned to be kidney stones. Because of all of this going on in my body, I didn't want to chance the amnio knowing my body is already fighting an infection. So we have pushed it back to Aug 14th. (tomorrow) My nerves are in high gear, and I am waiting for the next 24 hours to be over with.
On Aug 4th we found out we are having a little girl. Her name will be Adelyn Rose, and we are so EXCITED!! Ben wanted a girl from the beginning, and is so excited. The first day we went looking for baby stuff he walked up to me with a bib and burp cloth (not realizing what they were nor their use, but thought they were pretty) and purchased his first item for our little girl. His words," I want to buy this for Addi" My heart melted. This little girl already has him wrapped around her finger.
(controversal topic) Agitation over the last week: Someone made the comment,"You want to make sure not to wait till your 20 weeks to put off the amnio because you can't abort the baby after that." WOW *shock* I understand people will have their beliefs, but I have made our intentions quite clear since the beginning. We want to be prepared. Whether it is at 20 weeks, 17weeks, or 30 weeks. We just want to be prepared. The thought of aborting never cleared my mind. Ugh. It still upsets me to hear people and their opinions regarding parents who do amnio for the only reason to be to decide if they want to abort the baby (this is what some people think the only reason for amnio is). Or people who say Amnio is the same as aborting the baby. Or, amnio is selfish. Just like my very supportive Drs. you don't know what it feels like to be in a situation until you are there, and you cant make the call on someone else's pregnancy until you are there. I have said it and will say it again. This baby will be loved, no matter what. If this baby comes out with special needs, we will be prepared to give this child everything that we can. And she will receive all of the love and support that she deserves. As for me being selfish. I am putting myself through a very harsh test to find out answers we need to know before birth. There are risks, yes. But just like walking the street you have a risk of being hit by a car. People are stuck on risk factors. And yes there are factors, but those factors we decided when the procedure first hit the medical feild. Now i wonder how many people it took before an open heart procedure was perfected. What were and are the risk factors there? What were the risk factors for breast implants. But you dont hear people knocking that as hard. I am so frustrated in people thinking I want to hear their opinion on how stupid they think my decision is. Or receive a facial expression when I say I am doing the amnio. I am by no means selfish to put myself through this just so we can be prepared for her and ANY medical needs she may come with. *whew* Im done.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I completely agree with your thoughts on this. It was actually why I decided not to get the extra testing done. I have no reason to suspect anything is up with my baby and even if there is, I would want and love her just the same. I can definitely see getting the testing done to be sure to be prepared, but NEVER to decide if we wanted to abort!
ReplyDeleteBtw, we are having a girl too! Baby Victoria!!
Amen sister! You tell em! :) I completely agree with you as well and the only thing that is important is that you are doing what you think is best for you and your family. Stay strong Mama!
ReplyDelete